The Alameda County, California Histories book collection is a group of 6 books that detail the history of Alameda County - primarily in the 19th and early 20th centuries. Many of the books are illustrated; showcasing specific events relating to key points in the history and development of Alameda County during this period as well as details of some of its most important and influential figures.
All the titles contained on this CD are listed below.
- Past and present of Alameda County, California Volume 1 - Baker, Joseph Eugene - 463 pages
- Past and present of Alameda County, California Volume 2 - Baker, Joseph Eugene - 584 pages
- History of Washington Township, Alameda County, California (1904) - 133 pages
- Alameda county, the ideal place for your California home (1915) - Lafler, Henry Anderson - 190 pages
- The centennial year book of Alameda County, California : containing a summary of the discovery and settlement of California, a description of the Contra Costa under Spanish, Mexican, and American rule, an account of the organization and settlement of Alameda County ... also, a gazetteer of each township, useful local and general statistical information, appropriate for the present time, to which are added biographical sketches of prominent pioneers and public men (1876) - Halley, William - 644 pages
- History of Alameda County, California : including its geology, topography, soil, and productions : together with a full and particular record of the Spanish grants : the early history and settlement, compiled from the most authentic sources, the names of original Spanish and American pioneers, a full political history, comprising a tabular statement of officers of the county since its formation : separate histories of each of the townships, showing their advancement and progress : also incidents of pioneer life, the raising of the Bear Flag, and prominent citizens and representative men : and of its cities, towns, churches, schools, secret societies, etc (1883) - M. W. Wood - 1001 pages
This CD runs on all Windows and Macintosh computers. You must have a web browser and Adobe Acrobat Reader - (available for free download if you do not have it installed on your computer.) The book index is organized in an HTML menu that is compatible with all browsers and the books themselves are in PDF format to allow them to be universally accessed. Many books on this CD are searchable and printable.