The Crawford County, Pennsylvania Histories book collection is a group of 6 books that detail the history of Crawford County - primarily in the 19th and early 20th centuries. Many of the books are illustrated; showcasing specific events relating to key points in the history and development of Crawford County during this period as well as details of some of its most important and influential figures.
All the titles contained on this CD are listed below.
- History of Crawford County, Pennsylvania : containing a history of the county; its townships, towns, villages, schools, churches, industries, etc.; portraits of early settlers and prominent men; biographies; history of Pennsylvania; statistical and miscellaneous matter, etc., etc (1885) - Bates, Samuel P. (Samuel Penniman); Brown, R. C. (Robert C.); Mansfield, John Brandt -
- Our county and its people. A historical and memorial record of Crawford County, Pennsylvania. (1899) - Bates, Samuel P. (Samuel Penniman) - 1037 pages
- Index to Our county and its people, 1899, by Samuel P. Bates, Crawford county, Pennsylvania - 97 pages
- A pioneer outline history of northwestern Pennsylvania, embracing the counties of Tioga, Potter, McKean, Warren, Crawford, Venango, Forest, Clarion, Elk, Jefferson, Cameron, Butler, Lawrence, and Mercer: (1905) - McKnight, W. J. (William James) - 768 pages
- Gazetteer and business directory of Crawford County, Pa., for 1874 (1874) - Child, Hamilton - 357 pages
- Centennial edition of the Daily Tribune Republican of Saturday morning, May 12, 1888, containing a history of the founding of the city of Meadville and settlement of Crawford County, and its growth and development during one hundred years; an account of the first centennial celebration ... together with historical and biographical sketches .. (1888) - 189 pages
Here is a map of Crawford County from this time period:
This CD runs on all Windows and Macintosh computers. You must have a web browser and Adobe Acrobat Reader - (available for free download if you do not have it installed on your computer.) The book index is organized in an HTML menu that is compatible with all browsers and the books themselves are in PDF format to allow them to be universally accessed. Many books on this CD are searchable and printable.