The Lehigh County, Pennsylvania Histories book collection is a group of 7 books that detail the history of Lehigh County - primarily in the 19th and early 20th centuries. Many of the books are illustrated; showcasing specific events relating to key points in the history and development of Lehigh County during this period as well as details of some of its most important and influential figures.
All the titles contained on this CD are listed below.
- A history of Catasauqua in Lehigh County, Pennsylvania (1914) - Lambert, James Franklin; Reinhard, Henry J - 435 pages
- History of the counties of Lehigh and Carbon, in the commonwealth of Pennsylvania (1884) - Mathews, Alfred; Hungerford, Austin N. - 1069 pages
- A history of Lehigh County, Pennsylvania, from the earliest settlements to the present time, including much valuable information for the use of schools, families, libraries (1902) - Hauser, James - 136 pages
- Portrait and biographical record of Lehigh, Northampton and Carbon counties, Pennsylvania. Containing biographical sketches of prominent and representative citizens of the counties, together with biographies and portraits of all the presidents of the United States (1894) - 1012 pages
- Seventy years history of Saint Peter's Lutheran and Reformed congregations of Rittersville, Lehigh co., Penna : with complete records of all members of both congregations and Sunday schools (1912) - 122 pages
- A history of Lehigh county (1901) - Hauser, James Joseph - 112 pages
- Allentown, Pennsylvania, illustrated (1908) - 48 pages
Here is a map of Lehigh County and a period illustration from one of the volumes:
This CD runs on all Windows and Macintosh computers. You must have a web browser and Adobe Acrobat Reader - (available for free download if you do not have it installed on your computer.) The book index is organized in an HTML menu that is compatible with all browsers and the books themselves are in PDF format to allow them to be universally accessed. Many books on this CD are searchable and printable.