The Vermilion County, Illinois Histories book collection is a group of 8 books that detail the history of Vermilion County - primarily in the 19th and early 20th centuries. Many of the books are illustrated; showcasing specific events relating to key points in the history and development of Vermilion County during this period as well as details of some of its most important and influential figures.
All the titles contained on this CD are listed below.
- The past and present of Vermilion County, Illinois (1903) - 1122 pages
- Portrait and biographical album of Vermilion county, Illinois, containing ... sketches of prominent ... citizens ... of all the governors of the state, and of the presidents of the United States (1889) - 782 pages
- History of Vermilion County, together with historic notes on the Northwest, gleaned from early authors, old maps and manuscripts, private and official correspondence, and other authentic, though, for the most part, out-of-the-way sources (1879) - Beckwith, H. W. (Hiram Williams) - 1160 pages
- History of Vermilion County, Illinois : a tale of its evolution, settlement, and progress for nearly a century [Volume 1 Only] (1911) - Jones, Lottie E - 576 pages
- Stories of historical days in Vermilion County, Illinois (1934) - Tuggle, L. A. (Larkin A.) - 118 pages
- The centennial book : official program of the ceremonies and the pageant in celebration of the centennial of Vermilion, forty-fourth county in the twenty-first state (1926) - Tilton, Clint Clay - 136 pages
- Portrait and biographical album of Vermilion and Edgar counties, Illinois : containing full page portraits and biographical sketches of prominent and representative citizens of the counties : together with portraits and biographies of all the governors of the state, and of the presidents of the United States (1889) - 1115 pages
- American aerial county history series : Vermilion County Illinois (1954) - Drury, John - 528 pages
Here are some selected images from some of the books:
This CD runs on all Windows and Macintosh computers. You must have a web browser and Adobe Acrobat Reader - (available for free download if you do not have it installed on your computer.) The book index is organized in an HTML menu that is compatible with all browsers and the books themselves are in PDF format to allow them to be universally accessed. Many books on this CD are searchable and printable.